RE: Problem application

Dale,

Apologies for not responding sooner.  You have brought up an
important point about our 'process'.  I dont believe that
we are just a group that approves applications, but each
one of us can 'reject' an application.  I think the real issue
here is how to formally reject an applicant, or at least how
to reject ones application at this point in time, and perhaps
allow them to apply again at a later date.

At the moment, the Front Desk, AM, or DAM can reject an applicant
for reason or reasons "x", we simply have not discussed,or qualified
what reason "x" is acceptable to the group/organization, and
further, what is the recourse, or appeal, or waiting time, before
and applicant can then re-apply.

I am avoiding the specific situation you mentioned, as I do not
know any of the details.  It seems reasonable that if any one
of the members of the New Maintainer process would reject an
applicant with cause, that the group would accept the reasons,
or start a 'spirited' debate...

It seems that the subject was brought up in the past, and if I
remember correctly, there was talk of requiring a 'rejected' applicant
to wait 6 months before applying again.  Perhaps we simply did
not codify that discussion, by putting it on the web pages.

...just my thoughts....

Jim Westveer