gpg key question (first applicant)

Hi,

	My first applicant has provided a gpg key which has been created by
the version 1.0.1 of GnuPG. I've read on the website that I should ask
him to generate a key with the version 1.0.2 but the AM HOWTO posted by
Julian does not mention this. So I need to be sure : does he really need
to generate a new key ?
If this is true, I think he only needs to sign the new key with the old one
(signed by a current debian developper). Am I right ?

I understand that these questions may seem stupid, but he's my first
applicant, so I want to be sure that I do the right thing.

Regards,

--
Guillaume Morin <guillaume@morinfr.org>

                             La vie est facetieuse