Re: Request for review and sponsoring for shotdetect 1.0.86-6

Hi Sebastian,
   thank you for your review.

Il ven 10 set 2021, 22:27 Sebastian Ramacher <sramacher@debian.org> ha scritto:
Hi Giulio

On 2021-09-02 19:16:06 +0200, Giulio Paci wrote:
> Dear team,
>    I am looking for someone to review (and hopefully upload)
> shotdetect 1.0.86-6.
>
> You can find the source of the package at:
> https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-team/shotdetect/

lintian reports:

W: shotdetect source: no-versioned-debhelper-prerequisite 10
W: shotdetect source: patch-file-present-but-not-mentioned-in-series 1005-add_framenumber_to_filename.patch
W: shotdetect source: patch-file-present-but-not-mentioned-in-series 1006-label_xaxis_with_timecode.patch
W: shotdetect source: useless-autoreconf-build-depends autotools-dev
W: shotdetect source: useless-autoreconf-build-depends dh-autoreconf

I think the first one is a bug in lintian (debhelper 10 is in
oldoldstable).

I also think so.

For the others: are the patches supposed to be used? If
not, please consider removing them. If you use dh-autoreconf,
autotools-dev is useless. debhelper depends on dh-autoreconf long enough
(at least since version 10, IIRC).

Furthemore, the BD on dpkg-dev (>= 1.16.1~) is satisfied in all
supported releases and can be removed.

I will check both dependencies.

At this point, there is a lot of cdbs boilerplate in debian/rules. A
dh-based rules file with compat 13 would probably be a simple

%:
  dh $@

Indeed, I also think is time to migrate to dh-based file. I will check this as well.

Cheers,
Giulio