Re: shouldn't youtube-dl be part of debian-multimedia suite and ffmpeg dash protocol issue/s

On 07/07/2018 12:05 AM, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> If I could just install debian-multimedia-players or something on those lines
> which installs all the players, the downloaders and the codecs life would be
> much more easier as a user.

There is a media players meta package (multimedia-players):
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/debian-multimedia

A good way to see what packages are included is to look at the Blends
Task Pages for it:
https://blends.debian.org/multimedia/tasks/players
These pages are live, and may include packages not yet in the uploaded
meta package. But it is pretty up to date at the moment.

The youtube downloader appears to be missing. You could submit a Merge
Request on Salsa, or submit a bug to the BTS.

Cheers,

Ross