Re: debian-multimedia: wiki question

On 2018-02-19 17:09:32, Toerless Eckert wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 10:30:55AM +0000, Daniel James wrote:
> >
> > I think this confusion stems from the time when debian-multimedia.org
> > was an independent repo.
> >
> > The name change to http://deb-multimedia.org/ happened over five years
> > ago, but there are still plenty of references to the old name online,
> > including the Wikipedia page for Debian:
> >
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian#Multimedia_support
>
> Right. Which is why i think some better text on https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia
> would be helpfull. I for once found and used this URL
>
> https://howto.biapy.com/en/debian-gnu-linux/system/software/install-the-debian-multimedia-apt-repositories
>
> Now i think i need an advanced degree in debian package management
> to remove installed packages from that repo again, because just
>   - removing ftp://ftp.deb-multimedia.org/ from /etc/apt/sources.list
>   - apt-update
>   - apt-upgrade
>   - apt autoremove
>
> did not suggest me anything that would identify or remove package that i had installed
> from that repo.

I don't disagree that some parts of the wiki could be improved, but if you
follow the link to the FAQ on https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia that is
displayed in the TOC and under a section conveniently named deb-multimedia.org,
you'll see that this is covered under 3.1 of the FAQ.

hth

--
Sebastian Ramacher