debian-multimedia: wiki question

Hi,

I am quite new to debian and still try to figure out its packaging
scatter/gather mechanisms.

I was trying to figure out how to get a multimedia software package
installed but could not find a good web/wiki page explaining where to
even find the package.

Finally, i ended up on https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia
but that does not seem to address novice users but rather looks like an
inside baseball wiki for developers/packagers.

If that wiki page is meant to also address users like myself, it would
be great if if the first bullet point could address questions such as:

1. How to list and search packages in Debian Multimedia on the web.

2. How to add Debian Multimedia to your system.

I'd be happy to contribute to the Wiki, but i suspect that there is
a different wiki place addressing users like myself (or else the
wiki would already have these questions answered), and besides, i do not
even know the answers to these questions. I am probably just hopelssly
confused, and there is not even a separate package line to add to
get debian multimedia packages... ??

Thank you!
    Toerless