Re: FLV Problem

Am Mittwoch, den 08.01.2014, 15:40 +0000 schrieb Nigel Verity:
> On the basis of the consensus that I had probably screwed up or
> deleted a codec, I decided to take a chance and try to refresh the
> codec set by adding the deb-multimedia.org repository (wheezy main
> non-free) and performing an update. This had the effect of upgrading,
> amongst other things, VLC, Mplayer, OpenShot and a number of
> X264-related objects. This action has cured the problem.

Well, in a way. One could also say that it has now completely spread the
disease over your whole system, so the negative symptoms now compensate
each other. :)
My idea was that you tell us which versions of libav* poackages you have
installed and we bring the mess back into a consistent state in which
all these packages originate from Debian. You have decided for the
opposite way, i.e. you replaced all your libraries from Debian with the
ones from the unofficial repository. For some more information on why
this is a bad idea, please read this:

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/FAQ#Common_issues

- Fabian