Re: Debian multimedia blend

On 05/24/2013 06:30 PM, Felipe Sateler wrote:

I'm not quite sure of the usefulness of the ladi task, to be honest.

I've removed the non and ladi task.

I think 'audio-plugins' should be 'softsynths or virtual instruments'.

Then you've to think about where to put the LV2 and DSSI plugins.
Special metapackage or in one of the existing ones (mixing/softsynths)
You've LV2 plugins for mixing and LV2 plugins as softsynths/virtual
instruments.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. How do you propose to split
the audio-plugins task?

I've split audio-plugins into:

mixing: ladspa and lv2 plugins for mixing
jack-softsynths: jack standalone softsynths
lv2-softsynths: softsynths LV2 plugins
dssi-softsynths: softsynths DSSI plugins

I think this way people doesn't have to install a whole list of packages at once (softsynths). There's a clear line between jack standalone apps and plugins. So people can adapt their expectations (for launching a softsynth plugin you'll need a plugin host).

I'll review them and incorporate changes, thanks! Not today, though.

Ok

Cheers!