Re: Presentation + A debian-based for audio creation and production, stage technics and video blend (or "the future of TangoStudio")

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Aurélien Roux <fakeorl@ammd.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Been kind of mute this last days. I didn't give up about it, but I had to
> think about it, read some doc (a lot actually, in the bunch of links you all
> gave me!! thanks ;) ), and check things with some friends.
>
> So, to keep you updated, after some reflexion, here is what I decided to
> try:
>
> - First, contributing by (trying to) packaging the non-quadrilogy. The main
> developper told me there already was a bug report against WNPP, so I'll
> begin at the following step. If this works (i.e. if non-quadrilogy enters
> Debian), and so on, I will ask to join debian-multimedia as a maintainer for
> this suite, at least,

Please make sure to keep the bug report updated in order to avoid that
someone else works on the package in parallel.

also, If you follow the guidelines outlined at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/DevelopPackaging, transferring
your packaging git repository to pkg-multimedia will be a piece of
cake!

> - Second, try to build my first basic meta-package, and see what it gives,
> and how it works (I'm not really clear with it now, but probably because I
> never did something like this.
>
> - Third, try to build several meta-packages, like multi-tracks recording,
> electro-music environnment, live-music environnment (these are prospectives
> things, I didn't think about it in terms of meta-packages at the beginning,
> so I've got to think about it a bit more). My goal is to have at least one
> ready for next summer (2013), but my schedule are quite stretched so hope
> it's going to be possible.
>
> - Fourth, which is not from Debian side, the AMMD (the label/artists
> cooperative I work in) will propose an iso of Debian with preseed, and so
> on, so that people that wants a "out-of-the-box" thing like TangoStudio is
> by now, will have something. As this point is the very one about which there
> is absolutely non consensus, I think getting it out of Debian might be a
> good solution. But it will be a Debian, still, but with some pre-chosen
> options, and easy-to-install steps.

All of them sound very reasonable to me, keep it up!

Best,
--
regards,
    Reinhard