Re: Presentation + A debian-based for audio creation and production, stage technics and video blend (or "the future of TangoStudio")

Hi!

Been kind of mute this last days. I didn't give up about it, but I had to think about it, read some doc (a lot actually, in the bunch of links you all gave me!! thanks ;) ), and check things with some friends.

So, to keep you updated, after some reflexion, here is what I decided to try:

- First, contributing by (trying to) packaging the non-quadrilogy. The main developper told me there already was a bug report against WNPP, so I'll begin at the following step. If this works (i.e. if non-quadrilogy enters Debian), and so on, I will ask to join debian-multimedia as a maintainer for this suite, at least,

- Second, try to build my first basic meta-package, and see what it gives, and how it works (I'm not really clear with it now, but probably because I never did something like this.

- Third, try to build several meta-packages, like multi-tracks recording, electro-music environnment, live-music environnment (these are prospectives things, I didn't think about it in terms of meta-packages at the beginning, so I've got to think about it a bit more). My goal is to have at least one ready for next summer (2013), but my schedule are quite stretched so hope it's going to be possible.

- Fourth, which is not from Debian side, the AMMD (the label/artists cooperative I work in) will propose an iso of Debian with preseed, and so on, so that people that wants a "out-of-the-box" thing like TangoStudio is by now, will have something. As this point is the very one about which there is absolutely non consensus, I think getting it out of Debian might be a good solution. But it will be a Debian, still, but with some pre-chosen options, and easy-to-install steps.

I might not be so present on the list for the upcoming days/weeks. I'm sure mailing-lists are a useful tool, but participating might turn in a huge time-eater activity, and I often prefer to read-only, and participate less. If you're on the LAD, LAU, FFADO mailing-lists, you may have not noticed that I subscribed!

All the best.
Aurélien

PS : when coming to the second step, as I'm pretty sure I want to do it (or even *need*), I'm still not so sure I'm the best skilled to drive such a thing, so don't hesitate to come along with me!