Re: List of required packages.

On Sun, September 9, 2012 8:33 pm, Felipe Sateler wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 8:54 PM, Weaver <weaver@riseup.net> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, September 7, 2012 1:57 pm, Felipe Sateler wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> The debian multimedia team is not related to that site, and using it
>>> can cause breakage in your computer. Please remove that site from your
>>> sources.list, and remove all the packages coming from there,
>>> installing the debian versions.
>>
>> Ummm, there are no 'Debian Versionjs' of libdvdcss2, or a number of
>> other
>> necessary packages.
>
> Yes, we are still missing dvdcss. Which other packages do you need?

I don't know.
That's what I'm asking.

>>  However, in order to help we are going
>>> to need more information:
>>>
>>> 1. What sort of videos? DVDs?
>>
>> HD DVDs.
>>
>>  Downloaded videos from internet? Youtube?
>>
>> This is not a problem.
>> Standard browser plug-ins take care of those, but different packages,
>> like
>> ligdata take care of those.
>> All gstreamer packages are installed also. It's just the DVD scenario
>> presenting problems.
>>
>>> 2. What output do you get from the video players when trying to play
>>> them?
>>
>> A few different ones that turn up on a regular basis, relating to the
>> demuxer  and plug-in deficits, which is why I am enquiring for a list of
>> required packages.
>
> It is very hard to help if you do not provide the needed information.
> Please post the output from your video player.

Well, actually, after months of fumbling in the dark, I have mistakenly
installed the required lib.
gXine works perfectly.
I remember installing it, but after having tried this strategy on
innumerable occasions in the past and achieving zilch, I omitted to take
note of the name of it.

All this achieved by way of the invaluable assistance from Filipe and I
hope all you lurkers have had ample opportunity to assess the situation in
that light.
Regards,

Weaver.
--
"The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al
Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows this. But there is a