Re: List of required packages.

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Weaver <weaver@riseup.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have always had a problem getting video to work on Debian.
>
> I run Unstable, with all the multimedia urls in /etc/apt/sources.list.
> I have installed all recommended packages, including libdvdcss2, with no joy.
>
> I've Googled till my eyes are out of my head.
>
> I've been to the Debian-Multimedia site, but can find no recommended list
> of packages. I have no more luck with Mplayer or Mplayer2 than I have with
> any of the players.
>
> As an idea to what might be missing, using GXine, by opening the file
> manager and selecting specific packages, I can get them to play - audio
> only.

The debian multimedia team is not related to that site, and using it
can cause breakage in your computer. Please remove that site from your
sources.list, and remove all the packages coming from there,
installing the debian versions. However, in order to help we are going
to need more information:

1. What sort of videos? DVDs? Downloaded videos from internet? Youtube?
2. What output do you get from the video players when trying to play them?

--

Saludos,
Felipe Sateler