Re: What's the best audio software to set up on a 32-bit processor?

Hi Charlie,

> Find a Debian release (upgradeable) specifically for multimedia and
> start again (remember everything is 32-bit, will Studio 64 work)?

If you choose the 32-bit version, yes.

> Buy components to build me an up-to-date computer?

The spec you have will be fine to get started with. I've run Seq24 on
233MHz Pentium I or JACK synths on 350MHz Pentium II boxes with 256MB RAM.

You will need an RT kernel and an appropriate configuration to get
reliable performance from JACK apps like Rosegarden.

Cheers!

Daniel