Re: Now in Debian: jackd1+jackd2 w/ jack-session, new FFADO

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:12:58AM -0600, Josh Lawrence wrote:

> hi Adrian,

Hi!

> > It's too late to get all this into Squeeze, but we intend to use
> > squeeze-backports for these packages, so we can still update you after
> > the release.
>
> just curious - and this might be common knowledge - how would a
> squeeze user get the newest packages?  Would I need to add the
> experimental repo (if there is such a thing) to my list and do
> apt-pinning?

Depends on what you mean by "squeeze" user. If you're talking about
"now", then yes, duplicate the lines in sources.list and change
"testing" or "squeeze" to "experimental".

Then, apt-get install jackd1/experimental after apt-get update.

Likewise squeeze-backports, once we're done, especially after the final
release.

Cheers

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver