Re: Bits from the Debian Multimedia Maintainers

Hi Paul,

sorry I for answering that late (I somehow missed your mail).

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 08:00:56PM +0100, Paul Gevers wrote:

> As the maintainer of Winff I wondered if you guys (m/f) also considered
> winff for the multimedia blend?

Could we please agree that it is not "me versus you guys" but that you
are rather a member of the team?  There is no point in asking some
"committee" about their decision.  If you see that something is missing
or is not reasonable in your opinion - just change it.  You get access
to the definition of the multimedia tasks if you are a member of the
blends project on alioth.  If you like the idea to do so but have no
idea how you can become a member please do not hesitate to ask for more
detailed advise.

> It is a simple GUI for ffmpeg and I
> would say useful for quick conversion of movies to (possible user)
> predefined settings.

Sounds good.  I added it to the videotools task - just tell me if this
fits your intention.  If not just be more verbose to explain your idea.

If you know more multimedia related packages whic are missing, just do
not hesitate to make your suggestions.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--