Re: RT prio settings and much more

Hi Felipe,

Ardour embedded many libraries that could easily be stripped out: they were just convenience copies.

Or put another way, known working copies for quality control purposes :-) Ardour developers can't be expected to support binaries that distros break.

I agree this is not best practice, but I don't think it was worth removing Ardour from testing (and therefore Lenny) over. Many other packages have far more lines of code, including OpenOffice.org and Iceweasel, but no-one suggests removing those.

> AFAIK, libsndfile was the
only one that needed to be patched.

Also GTK+ I think.

> Indeed, said bug about embedded code
copies is already fixed and closed, and ardour has not migrated yet to testing. Why? Because of another Release Critical bug, #458660.

Looking at:

http://people.debian.org/~lucas/logs/2008/01/01/ardour_1:2.1-1.1_sid32.buildlog.gz

is like ancient history. As you point out in your note on the bug, we really need fresh output to know if this is still a problem. Another 'bug' that wasn't worth losing Ardour from Lenny for.

Cheers!

Daniel