Re: RT prio settings and much more

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 03:30:43PM +0000, Daniel James wrote:

> Hi Adrian,

Hi!

> >  - FFADO: libfreebob is outdated, there are so many users in #ffado
> >    asking for FFADO packages.
> We're aiming to have this package in 64 Studio 3.0, we also need to
> change our 2.6.29-rc4 kernel to support the old firewire stack though.

Debian has also switched back to the ieee1394 stack (the old one). The
new one won't be usable before 2.6.30.

I've done some investigations with FFADO and libraw1394 on the new Juju
stack, but we haven't managed to run FFADO on Juju, yet.

If intersted, read http://subversion.ffado.org/ticket/78

For the time being, we can only stick to the old stack. Whether the
default kernel provides the right modules or not is a completely
different question: currently, users compile jackd, FFADO and the kernel
on their own, so we would need the new jackd and FFADO to ease their
lifes. ;)

They could then still compile a custom kernel. ;)

> Do you have a sponsor for your Debian packages?

No, you? I'm still seeking a sponsor for my kpicosim package, too. ;)

   http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=kpicosim

SCNR ;)

--
mail: adi@thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver

Lieber einen Spanner im Garten als garkein Strom!