Re: Ardour still not present in testing

Anand Kumria wrote:

> That is certainly possible. Where are the patches? Any reason that
> Erik can not incorporate them back upstream?

I recently had a look at what was in ardour SVN and distilled a patch
which is currently in my development tree.

There is a pre-release available here:

    http://www.mega-nerd.com/tmp/libsndfile-1.0.18pre22.tar.gz

> > There hasn't been an upstream release of libsndfile since 2006, and the last
> > major release was in 2002.
>
> Well we can always throw in the pre-release version.
>
> It compiles and, therefore, should be good to go. ;-)
>
> Erik do you want Debian to push out 1.0.18pre5 and see what breaks?

That one is really ancient. I'd prefer not to have that debian.

I'm getting really close to a proper 1.0.18 release. The only major
thing still required is to remove the Ogg, Vorbis and FLAC sources
from the tree and link against external versions.

How long do I have to get the proper release sorted out for inclusion
in Lenny?

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"Powershell is slow. Exceedingly slow. I didn't think speed would be
a factor in a shell until I used Powershell. The Unix shell tools are
literally hundreds, if not thousands of times faster than the equivalent
Powershell commands."
-- http://reddit.com/r/programming/info/6cgne/comments/c03h3h7