Re: Ardour still not present in testing

Hi guys,

[ apologies, progsoc has been having some "issues" so this went to the
wrong folder ]

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 2:12 PM, Daniel James <daniel@64studio.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>> About libsndfile, how about the Debian libsndfile source package is
>> modified so that it produces a normal libsndfile library and a
>> libsndfile-ardour for ardour to build against.
>
> Or how about the libsndfile1 Debian package maintainer, Anand Kumria, is
> asked to apply the Ardour team's patches so that the new, improved version
> of libsndfile gets some testing before the Lenny freeze? (I'm cc'ing Anand
> on this mail).

That is certainly possible. Where are the patches? Any reason that
Erik can not incorporate them back upstream?

> There hasn't been an upstream release of libsndfile since 2006, and the last
> major release was in 2002.

Well we can always throw in the pre-release version.

It compiles and, therefore, should be good to go. ;-)

Erik do you want Debian to push out 1.0.18pre5 and see what breaks?

Cheers,
Anand