Subject: shared-mime-info: Identify soundfonts
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:57:30 +0000
From: tim hall <tech@glastonburymusic.org.uk>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit@bugs.debian.org>

Package: shared-mime-info
Version: 0.19-2
Severity: normal

Hi,

Currently:
 Soundfonts (SF2 format) are identified as video/x-msvideo, which is
wrong. It should not display either video-x-generic or audio-x-generic
icons by default. It is actually a collection of synth presets, which
looks to my untrained eye to be wrapped in a RIFF header. Can anything
be done about this?
 The proprietary compressed format they often come in SFARK is correctly
identified as application/x-extension-sfArk - ideally this should link
to a package-x-generic icon.

The relevance to Debian (apart from usage) is that a FluidR3 soundfont
package has now been uploaded to the distribution.

cheers,

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 4.0
  APT prefers stable
  APT policy: (500, 'stable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell:  /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.21-1-multimedia-486
Locale: LANG=en_GB, LC_CTYPE=en_GB (charmap=ISO-8859-1)

Versions of packages shared-mime-info depends on:
ii  libc6                2.3.6.ds1-13etch5   GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libglib2.0-0         2.14.2-1~etch1      The GLib library of C routines
ii  libxml2              2.6.30.dfsg-2~bpo.1 GNOME XML library

shared-mime-info recommends no packages.

-- no debconf information

cheers,

tim