Re: Conflicts when repackaging JACK

Daniel James wrote:
Hi Nick,

 > The problem is that the new libjack0 refuses to install over
the old packages without being forced.  In these lines:

dpkg: regarding jackd_0.109.2-3mlrepo1_i386.deb containing jackd:
 libjack0 conflicts with jackd (>> 0.109.2-2mepcom1)
  jackd (version 0.109.2-3mlrepo1) is to be installed.

It does look like you'd have to remove all jackd dependant packages before upgrading libjack0, which seems wrong. However, I should add that jackd 0.109.2 is not stable; you should really wait for a new upstream release before suggesting that users upgrade.

 If I use the option
--force-all with just the libjack0 package, it will install, and I can then install the rest of the packages without issue. I just don't know how this would translate to a repository.

Hmm, that's not good, you're bound to get complaints :-)

Cheers!

Daniel

Daniel,

Thanks again for the help. I have decided to build against the version from Studio64, 0.103.0, for the repo. That way everyone who already has my 0.109.2 packages installed can keep them, and those who don't (hopefully) won't face any upgrade issues.

Nick