Re: Conflicts when repackaging JACK

Hi Nick,

> The problem is that the new libjack0 refuses to install over
the old packages without being forced.  In these lines:

dpkg: regarding jackd_0.109.2-3mlrepo1_i386.deb containing jackd:
 libjack0 conflicts with jackd (>> 0.109.2-2mepcom1)
  jackd (version 0.109.2-3mlrepo1) is to be installed.

It does look like you'd have to remove all jackd dependant packages before upgrading libjack0, which seems wrong. However, I should add that jackd 0.109.2 is not stable; you should really wait for a new upstream release before suggesting that users upgrade.

 If I use the option
--force-all with just the libjack0 package, it will install, and I can then install the rest of the packages without issue. I just don't know how this would translate to a repository.

Hmm, that's not good, you're bound to get complaints :-)

Cheers!

Daniel