Re: Jackd hell and other oddities

Hi Herman,

 Can you enumerate the most important non-free pieces of software,
firmware and drivers, so we can figure out what is missing to from
a completely Free music- and audiovisiual workstation?

I'd say the alsa audio/midi device firmware is probably most important. I don't know if ffado contains any device firmware, or needs to upload it. Wi-fi firmware like the bcm43xx driver uses is important for mobile users, but not everyone of course.

Cheers!

Daniel