Re: "state of multimedia" (audio)

Free Ekanayaka wrote:
|--==> tim hall writes:

  th> I'm becoming increasingly happy with anything I can do with my rather
  th> basic Python skills. I'm thinking along the lines of filtering
  th> information about 'multimedia' packages from the central qa database,
  th> which may be as simple as manipulating RSS feeds, I will have to have
  th> a proper look. If it is possible to collate this info with WNPP
  th> information and developer links it could provide a useful overview of
  th> the state of play of multimedia in Debian. Obviously, if this work has
  th> already been done and I missed it, let me know. ;)

This could be a starting point:

http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=debian-multimedia%40lists.debian.org&comaint=yes

at least as far as uploaded packages are concerned.

Thanks. I'm thinking more about tracking packages before they get to this point. I'm interested in the wnpp tags to start with, the standard bug reports are reasonably obvious to find.

Of course this makes sense only if more and more packages are
maintained under the debian-multimedia group umbrella.

Anyway http://qa.debian.org/developer.php has the ability to set tags
and display custom sets of packages.

Hmm, yes. It's going to take me a while to figure out how to get all the information I want using this system. I'm reading through the scripts in the reportbug package for clues now. Ideally I'd like to avoid parsing html pages, I'm sure it shouldn't be necessary.

cheers

tim hall
/|\