ITP: realtime -- Realtime Linux Security Module (fwd)

Hi,

I have just sent an ITP for Jack's realtime module. The new 2.6.4
debian kernel series come with all the features that we need. Preliminary
versions are available at:

deb http://mtg80.upf.es/devel/packages  /

You basically just have to install the new kernel
e.g.
apt-get install kernel-image-2.4.6-1-686

and then the realtime module

apt-get install realtime-module-2.4.6-1-686

(sorry, no other flavors yet)

When the module has been installed succesully you should be able
to run jack without jackstart and suid root, just as
jack -R -d alsa

At the same time, most of the other applications that require realtime
scheduling and memory locking should work. (For users in the audio group).

You can change the settings of the module in /etc/default/realtime.conf,
the module gets automatically loaded by a init.d script.

Feeback is highly appreciated.

I am going to upload the source packages the next days, and later on
the compiled binary modules.

Greetings,

Guenter