Re: ITP: realtime -- Realtime Linux Security Module (fwd)

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 06:07:02PM +0100, guenter geiger wrote:
> When the module has been installed succesully you should be able
> to run jack without jackstart and suid root, just as
> jack -R -d alsa
>
> At the same time, most of the other applications that require realtime
> scheduling and memory locking should work. (For users in the audio group).

Sweet. So what's your plan on handling default permissions? Should we require
that all users of audio applications be in group audio, or should we
rather start shipping timing-sensitive apps SetGID audio? And with
Recommends: realtime, obviously.

Regards,

Daniel.