Re: Tuning the system for jackd

Hi guenter!

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004, guenter geiger wrote:

> > Someone should just _package_ that module!
>
> Before packaging Herbert Xu should be connected, because if he doesn't
> change the configuration of the debian kernel the module can not be
> loaded.

But only "should". There are kernel-patch packages that don't work with
the Debian kernel. There is no reason why there can't be
lsm-realtime-source which does not compile for the Debian default kernel.

Plus: There is kernel-patch-2.4-lsm. And last time i checked 2.4 was still the
default kernel. So we can build on (manybe recommend) kernel-patch-2.4-lsm.

> Then, this would need to be someone who has a bit of insight into
> linux security modules, in order to explain him why he should change it,
> and to make sure that it actually doesn't harm security.

He favours including LSM.

<http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200312/msg01713.html>

> Unfortunately I do not have this insight (yet?).

Me neither.

	Robert.