Re: Tuning the system for jackd

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Robert Joerdens wrote:
> >    c.  Do not  setuid the jackstart binary, but  rather  prepare a 2.6
> >    kernel for DeMuDi  (I'm assuming that  Debian is not going to adopt
> >    such  patch  in the  short  term),  using the Jack  O'Quin's kernel
>
> Someone should just _package_ that module!

Before packaging Herbert Xu should be connected, because if he doesn't
change the configuration of the debian kernel the module can not be
loaded.

Then, this would need to be someone who has a bit of insight into
linux security modules, in order to explain him why he should change it,
and to make sure that it actually doesn't harm security.
Unfortunately I do not have this insight (yet?).

Guenter