Re: [Agnula-Developers] [ demudi-Feature Requests-723 ] Compile Muse 0.6.3 with givertcap support

Hi,

I let your message appended, and I am trying to respond in a more general
way. Well, we all know that Debian is pretty conservative. It won't be a
problem to get a kernel-patch package included for 2.4 (the way you
describe it, with additions and same interface as 2.6).
But then we still would have to compile patched kernels and get them
through, which might not be that easy.

My main concern is, if it is worth the effort. The module solution for
2.6 is a lot easier to integrate into Debian. Very clean, separate
package, only care has to be taken that it is available for all kernel
flavours.

Then eventually, everyone just wants to use 2.6 in the very near future.
So if there are only small drawbacks in terms of lowlatency behaviour, I
would prefer the 2.6 solution.

Guenter