Re: RFP: kernel-patch-voluntary-preempt -- lower kernel latency by voluntary preemption

|--==> "RJ" == Robert Jordens <robertjo@phys.ethz.ch> writes:

Sorry for the delay, just came back from vacations.

  RJ> [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
  RJ> Hello!

  RJ> [Thu, 19 Aug 2004] guenter geiger wrote:
  >>Hmm, I probably won't find the time to package this. A kernel patch is
  >>quite different from a kernel module package.

  RJ> With dh-kpatches it seems to be even easier...

Yes it's easy.

  >>I agree, that it would be nice to have it though, especially if we could
  >>lobby it into the standard Debian kernel (not that I know what it would
  >>take to do that).

  RJ> Probably not into the standard kernel. Lowlat didn't make it into 2.4
  RJ> either. This here is at least as intrusive. Maybe the Agnula people
  RJ> should test it, develop a 2.6-multimedia kernel and upload that.

Yes I  can  both  provide a   draft  package and/or build  a   patched
2.6-multimedia  kernel(s) for testing.  I'm  not sure where the latter
package should go, whether in the Debian pool or in the A/DeMuDi one.

It would be  nice to prepare this  2.6-multimedia kernel all together,
suggesting patches and config flags. I can prepare  a first version of
the source package and put everything under CVS (Alioth or AGNULA).

I think I can start working on this at the end of the next week.

Cheers,

Free