Re: RFP: kernel-patch-voluntary-preempt -- lower kernel latency by voluntary preemption

Hello!

[Thu, 19 Aug 2004] guenter geiger wrote:
> Hmm, I probably won't find the time to package this. A kernel patch is
> quite different from a kernel module package.

With dh-kpatches it seems to be even easier...

> I agree, that it would be nice to have it though, especially if we could
> lobby it into the standard Debian kernel (not that I know what it would
> take to do that).

Probably not into the standard kernel. Lowlat didn't make it into 2.4
either. This here is at least as intrusive. Maybe the Agnula people
should test it, develop a 2.6-multimedia kernel and upload that.

        Robert.

--
Arnold's Laws of Documentation:
  (1) If it should exist, it doesn't.