Re: [a-devel] AGNULA/DeMuDi 1.1.1 and 2.6.x kernel

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 06:47:11PM +0200, guenter geiger wrote:

> On 7 Jun 2004, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> > guenter geiger <geiger@xdv.org> writes:
> > > Just for the record, I had terrible troubles using 2.6.6  from Debian
> > > on my machine. This means random segmentation faults and crashes, without
> > > using jack, nor the realtime module. As it seems to work OK for other
> > > people I am suspecting a problem in the Debian prepackaged version of that
> > > kernel. 2.6.5 is working well.
> >
> > I built 2.6.6 myself from vanilla kernel.org sources.  I'm using it
> > with realtime-lsm-0.1.1.  That is working *very* well for me now with
> > just the env var workaround.  Well enough that there's probably not
> > much need for 2.4+lowlat any more.
>
> Thats good to hear. Maybe the problems I have are not software but
> hardware then. Its really hard to figure out what is happening.
> Have to try this env workaround and test (it is hard to reproduce
> my problems).
>
> Guenter

my guess is there is a bit more to it. (at least you are not alone !)

about perfomances, i would really like to see one more bench on audio
latencies for both kernel branches.  last time i tried playing with
http://www.linuxdj.com/latency-graph/ my 2.4.x was giving less xruns.

cheers, piem