Re: fw: jackd/ audio apps mini policy

Zenaan Harkness <zen@iptaustralia.net> writes:

> > Time for me to download a copy, build and install 2.6.  Anyone have a
> > recommendation for running it on a Debian woody system (plus some
> > sarge packages)?  Is there a backport site?

> Most recently I simply installed the latest kernel-image-2.4.22-1-686
> package. I am on sid (unstable) though...

The question was about 2.6.  I found a kernel-source-2.6.0-test7
package on the Debian web site (in testing).  I'll have to build from
source in order to apply the capabilities patch.  I generally use
make-kpkg and like it.

I know there are other packages (binutils? modutils?) that need
updating to build this successfully.  I can figure it out for myself,
but surely someone has already done most of the work.  Can I just
update some packages to the testing level and have it work?
--
  joq