Re: Adapting Debian to Music Making

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003, Klaus-M. Klingsporn wrote:
> Am / On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 19:30:48 +0200 (CEST)
> schrieb guenter geiger <geiger@xdv.org>:
>
> > On the video side I don't know, but there are several interesting
> > projects out there, starting from cinelerra, which is not packaged
> > yet to other video editting tools.
>
> There are debian-packages of cinelerra at
>
> deb http://developer.skolelinux.no/~doudou/cinelerra ./
> deb-src http://developer.skolelinux.no/~doudou/cinelerra ./
>
> They work fine for me. Don't know, why they not entered the official
> pool.

To find that out would be one of the task that has to be carried out.
There are several unofficial sources for cinelerra, but
the goal would be to get them through the Debian quality checks and
incorporate them into Debian.

This is not always as easy as it looks like, especially if you care for
other architectures than i386 (and you have to).

Greetings,

Guenter