Re: Mobian questions and inclusion in Debian

Op 14-09-2020 om 12:39 schreef Paul Wise:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 8:55 AM Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>
>> An issue to try to get the Mobian packages into Debian:
>> https://gitlab.com/mobian1/issues/-/issues/102
>> I would be interested in your opinion here.
>
> I was under the impression that the reason for Mobian is to be a place
> that can have packages that aren't suitable for Debian; like they are
> too hacky, or they are Linux kernel forks for specific hardware or
> similar. Also a place for disk images until the Mobian folks work out
> a way to do them officially in a similar way to Live and Cloud images.
> That will require building the images on ARM hardware, but DSA can
> probably provide suitable hardware. Personally I prefer d-i though,
> since images presumably wouldn't have full-disk encryption applied.

Sometimes you want these kind of things as a start.

Some people only like to start things up in a hacky way, sometimes other
people like to do work to include things clean into Debian.

>> And another one about creating a Debian mailinglist about Mobian:
>> https://gitlab.com/mobian1/issues/-/issues/101
>> But maybe it would be also possible to use this mailinglist for
>> questions about Mobian. What's your opinion?
>
> Seems reasonable to use it to discuss how to get things that Mobian
> has created into a form that is suitable for inclusion into Debian.

That's not what I mean. What I mean are support questions about Mobian.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis

https://www.vandervlis.nl/