Re: Mobian questions and inclusion in Debian

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 8:55 AM Paul van der Vlis wrote:

> An issue to try to get the Mobian packages into Debian:
> https://gitlab.com/mobian1/issues/-/issues/102
> I would be interested in your opinion here.

I was under the impression that the reason for Mobian is to be a place
that can have packages that aren't suitable for Debian; like they are
too hacky, or they are Linux kernel forks for specific hardware or
similar. Also a place for disk images until the Mobian folks work out
a way to do them officially in a similar way to Live and Cloud images.
That will require building the images on ARM hardware, but DSA can
probably provide suitable hardware. Personally I prefer d-i though,
since images presumably wouldn't have full-disk encryption applied.

> And another one about creating a Debian mailinglist about Mobian:
> https://gitlab.com/mobian1/issues/-/issues/101
> But maybe it would be also possible to use this mailinglist for
> questions about Mobian. What's your opinion?

Seems reasonable to use it to discuss how to get things that Mobian
has created into a form that is suitable for inclusion into Debian.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise