Re: Project Halium : collaboration on common android base

> That sounds like they are GPL violations that would be illegal for
> both Halium and Debian to distribute. Is Halium really intending to
> violate the Linux kernel license?

I need to correct myself, all the blobs are inside android and not contained by the kernel. So that problem is out of the way. If there are kernel blobs, they are external kernel modules from android, not included in the kernel

> Sony are already upstreaming support for their devices, so it isn't
> unrealistic that more vendors will eventually come around to working
> with mainline Linux.

This mainlining by Sony is mostly not complete enough to run a complete system (including graphics, sound etc.). Even with freedreno, it's not complete enough, as we want to have gps, camera and many sensors working.

For better understanding of our stack, I’ll include a graphic showing it:

As you can see, all blue parts wouldn't need to be part of the distribution, so the distribution (debian here) can just include free software user interfaces in their repositories, and no vendor stuff.

I would like to know if you would be interessted in providing user interfaces like plasma-mobile or enlightenment into your debian repositories.