Re: Project Halium : collaboration on common android base

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 6:34 PM, Bhushan Shah wrote:

> Each OS make use of android binary drivers

I guess you mean proprietary drivers here? Debian doesn't like those
so this goal doesn't sound useful for us.

> The common base would include Linux kernel + Android HAL + libhybris shared
> between all the OSs.

As I understand it, libhybris is solely for proprietary drivers that
can't be recompiled, so probably not useful for Debian.

It sounds like you would use a custom Linux kernel, this would not be
useful for Debian, as we only use mainline versions of the Linux
kernel.

I'm not sure what the Android HAL consists of.

I would encourage you to choose a different path:

Merge existing open source Linux drivers, subsystems etc upstream:

http://kernelnewbies.org/UpstreamMerge

Reverse engineer binary blobs, write drivers and merge the results
into the relevant projects (u-boot, Linux, mesa etc).

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise