Re: Debian Android App

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Pavlos wrote:
>> http://debiandroid.debian.net/ does not exist.
>
> PaulTag said he'd request the domain and adjust it accordingly so i
> guess that's ok. :)

Ok, I'll leave it up to him. CCing him as a reminder.

> I am always pushing to both git repos at the same time with an alias I made
> so they're always at the same head. Anyone can be used for developing.
> I just like github's interface more but if someone says they want to
> commit a change
> to the alioth repo I don't have a problem keeping them both synced.

Ok. AFAICT the interface is the same for both of them (git push, git
pull). Or do you mean the non-standard parts (web interface)?

> I'm not sure I understand this correctly. You just need a jre, jdk,
> android sdk, apache ant
> and the keytool and jarsigner utilities to make an app. An IDE helps a
> lot and you can use
> Eclipse + the ADT plugin for that (that's what i'm doing now) although
> they are developing
> ADT studio based on IntelliJ from what I read so support for eclipse
> will be thinning in the future.

We have OpenJDK in Debian (jre, jdk, keytool, jarsigner) and ant.

The Android SDK sounds like an amalgamation of different software so
maybe parts of it are in Debian but probably not enough parts to build
an app.

Anyway, the motivation here is that I was hoping there would be a way
to build (on Debian buildds) something like win32-loader but for
Android devices. I guess not yet.

http://packages.debian.org/sid/win32-loader

--
bye,