Re: Debian Android App

> http://debiandroid.debian.net/ does not exist. Would you like me to
> create it? If so, where should I point it at? You could use it as a
> homepage for the app and add a simple web page pointing at the git
> repository and the two pages for downloading/installing the app.

PaulTag said he'd request the domain and adjust it accordingly so i
guess that's ok. :)

> I would suggest making the collab-maint git repository the primary
> development location of the app (so other Debian folks can contribute
> easily) and make github either a mirror or drop it entirely.
I am always pushing to both git repos at the same time with an alias I made
so they're always at the same head. Anyone can be used for developing.
I just like github's interface more but if someone says they want to
commit a change
to the alioth repo I don't have a problem keeping them both synced.

> Is there any way to build Android apps on Debian using only software
> available in Debian?
I'm not sure I understand this correctly. You just need a jre, jdk,
android sdk, apache ant
and the keytool and jarsigner utilities to make an app. An IDE helps a
lot and you can use
Eclipse + the ADT plugin for that (that's what i'm doing now) although
they are developing
ADT studio based on IntelliJ from what I read so support for eclipse
will be thinning in the future.

Cheers,
Paul :)