Re: impromptu IRC meeting

+++ Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer [2012-12-17 14:11 -0300]:
> On Sun 16 Dec 2012 09:03:14 Paul Wise escribió:
> > On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Neil Jerram wrote:
> > > Is that a real problem, from a Debian point of view?  Aren't we entering
> > > a phase of multiple display management choices anyway, with Wayland
> > > coming along?  I would have thought that direct framebuffer access, with
> > > a complementary window management model, was an equally valid choice as
> > > using either X or Wayland.
> >
> > For Debian thats fine, for me personally there are too many apps and
> > toolkits that don't support anything other than X11. GTK+ for instance
> > has dropped DirectFB support.
>
> In the case of Qt4, and if I'm not mistaken, frambebuffer support would mean a
> parallel build of Qt. Doesn't sounds too promising :-/

Yes, but this isn't the only environment/application/set of packages
that would find a QT-embedded build useful. QT having a less
monlithic build process would help a lot here, which I understand
there is onlgoing work on?

Wookey
http://wookware.org/