Re: impromptu IRC meeting

Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> writes:

> I am not ignoring QtMoko, and I guess few of us are.

Fair enough, and thanks.

> But Debian-mobile is about extending Debian itself - not extending
> installations of Debian, or deriving from Debian at the source level.

I understand that.  It seemed to me that QtMoko is possibly the best
candidate for achieving an example of that, though - i.e. of adding a
relatively small number of packages to Debian, so that it becomes
possible to have a complete and effective mobile operating system from
within the Debian archive.  So I felt surprised that it is hardly
mentioned in debian-mobile discussions.

>> (Sorry for the long lines - this is written on my GTA04 running
>> QtMoko)

> I wonder why you are sorry about that - hope you just forgot a smiley in
> that sentence.

Well my normal email client wraps lines, so it feels odd that that
doesn't happen when I'm writing on the GTA04.  But I guess you're
implying that people's email clients should cope with both wrapped and
non-wrapped lines when _reading_ email, and I would agree with that.

Regards,
        Neil