Re: impromptu IRC meeting

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Neil Jerram wrote:

> Why?  Because you all seem to be studiously ignoring QtMoko, a mobile distribution which is Debian-based, and which already exists and works rather well today.
>
> Is there something you don't like about QtMoko?

IIRC up to now it hasn't been possible to add to Debian because it
relie(s|d?) on an old version of Qt.

As a user, I don't like that it runs everything as root nor that it
runs outside X11, but I am using it on my gta02 because it is the
fastest distro available there.

Some further things:

It duplicates parts of FSO in some ways.

Everything is bundled into one big source tree instead of split up.

It  uses a forked atd and will not work with the Debian one.

Uses kernels we can't add to Debian.

I have a feeling upstream aren't interested in working on getting it
into Debian, that may be completely wrong though.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise