Re: [QUAR] Equivalent functionality when FTP gets shut down

On 23 May 2017 at 19:45, Fredrik Tolf <fredrik@dolda2000.com> wrote:
> I just saw the announcment on the home page that the FTP servers are going
> to be shut down. I'm all fine with that, but I'd like to request that the
> indices of the HTTP servers be updated to be able to show the targets of
> symlinks.

I can't see a way to do this directly in Apache, but I've achieved it here:

http://debian.mirror.uk.sargasso.net/debian/dists/

using this script:

#!/bin/bash
cd /mnt/mirror/debian/debian.mirror.uk.sargasso.net
find . -type l -printf "AddDescription \"(-&gt; %l)\" XYZ%p\n" | sed
's/ XYZ\.\// /g' > .htaccess

and making it run after sync with a hook in ftpsync.conf:

HOOK4=/mnt/mirror/debian/regenerate-symlinks

and enabling descriptions in Apache:

IndexOptions -SuppressDescription

This file might be better generated on the mirror master though.

Regards,

David