Re: Equivalent functionality when FTP gets shut down

On 23.05.2017 18:45, Fredrik Tolf wrote:
For example, it's convenient to be able to see what the
{oldstable,stable,testing} links point to ay any given time, given
that it's not too seldom that I forget what the different Debian names
mean, or when I just haven't kept myself updated for a while:

$ ftp ftp.debian.org
[...]
ftp> ls /debian/dists
[...]
lrwxrwxrwx 1 1176 1176 6 Apr 25 2015 stable -> jessie

No big deal, for sure, it's just a nice thing.

Not all mirrors will stop doing ftp straight away. I imagine there'll be plenty, us for example, that'll still keep ftp enabled.

I think the best way is to just look at the README file, https://mirror.sucs.org/pub/linux/debian/dists/README

Or look at the Release file in each dist, https://mirror.sucs.org/pub/linux/debian/dists/stable/Release

--
Imran Hussain