Re: Dropping httpredir.debian.org service

On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 06:31:18PM +0800, Boyuan Yang wrote:
> 在 2017年2月8日星期三 SGT 上午10:54:29,Bastian Blank 写道:
> > So we decided to drop httpredir.debian.org as a services.  The name will
> > be redirected to a CDN we already use, this means users should not see
> > any interruptions.
> That's a sad story.

People come and go.  If no-one takes over a complex service, it will
eventually die.

> Does that means most mirrors of Debian (including those official mirrors,
> ftp.*.debian.org) will no longer receive requests redirected from
> httpredir.debian.org, as long as they are not related to CDN providers?

Yes.

> And is "the" CDN you are talking about deb.debian.org?

We redirected httpredir to deb.debian.org.

Regards,
Bastian

--
Oblivion together does not frighten me, beloved.
		-- Thalassa (in Anne Mulhall's body), "Return to Tomorrow",