Re: bandwidth and space required to sync a basic mirror

Hi.

What is related to disk utilization, I can offer my graph which I
implemented since the debian.mirror.vu.lt was launched. The data is
gathered nightly but the "steps" in the graph are wider:

http://debian.mirror.vu.lt/size.png

I hope it helps you to see the trends - 3+ years period, I think, is
sufficient time window. Please note that this also includes other
projects.

If you still would like to see a Cacti graph instead - don't hesitate to
ask, either personally, or via this mailing list.

As for bandwidth - it depends on many factors and the state of Debian
release or any other event. Generally, the "outdated" data you mentioned
is about accurate, I'd say.

As for bandwidth for users (note, that is also an alias for
ftp.lt.debian.org) - generally average upload bandwidth is about 3.5-4
megabits per second (during one day / 24 hours period). I have rarely
seen momentary spikes over 80 megabits/s. Oh, and the mirror is capable
to provide over 900 mbps, we've tested that from multiple locations.

maybe someone else will chime in and provide more useful/accurate data.

Hope that helps.

Regards.

--
Arnoldas Šareckis <Arnoldas.Sareckis@ittc.vu.lt>