Re: Measuring testing vs stable vs oldstable usage from security mirrors logs

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 06:01:56PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 08/08/13 at 16:45 +0200, Simon Paillard wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 11:00:15AM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > > I would be very interested in getting an idea of testing vs stable vs
> > > oldstable usage, and I was wondering if the security mirror logs could
> > > be used for that.
> >
> > Note we can access ftp.debian.org backends, that may give different figures
> > that access to security archive.
> >
> > We also have the chance to have some very responsive admins of officials
> > mirrors, we can come with a script they may run.

We may ask them "over last month, number of unique ip which have been served by
200 OK (ignore redirects) for (squeeze|oldstable)/Packages.(bz2|gz).

Iterate over dists.

[..]
> > so:
> > squeeze	79.5%
> > wheezy	18.5%
> > jessie	 1,9%
>
> Interesting. Using popcon submissions (methodology described at
> http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=775), I get very different
> proportions:
> squeeze: 41%
> wheezy: 48%
> jessie: 11%
>
> Too bad we can't filter by distinct IPs...

I guess number of jessie installs have been performed based on sid, and may
have security updates disabled ?