Re: Fwd: ftp.uni-erlangen.de out of date

On Mar 02, Simon Paillard wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 02, 2012 at 10:49:41AM +0100, José Manuel Macías wrote:
> > On 3/1/12 9:15 PM, Simon Paillard wrote:
> >
> > > It's just bash, no need to run Debian, some mirrors run FreeBSD.
> >
> > Just bash plus I think some non-bash-builtin commands not present or
> > incompatible with solaris ones... I could fix that, but I prefer to wait
> > until I have our mirror in a Linux system... what will hopefully happen
> > in a few months. Thanks anyway Simon.
>
> If you notice these no-bash-builtin we use, please report us the errors, we
> really aim to have ftpsync multiplatform, and not Linux-only.

I upgraded to the latest ftpsync script this week (after years of old
ones running). The only GNUism I removed was a call to "hostname -d"
which does not exist in BSD. Removing it wasn't a problem as it only
tests for the mirror domainname to see if it's debian.org or not. It's
the if test line 249 of ftpsync, and it could easily be replaced by a

if [ "x$(hostname -f | sed "s/`hostname -s`\.//")x" != "xdebian.orgx" ]; then

line which works on BSD too.

--
bug