Re: ftp2.de.debian.org IPv6 not available anymore

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 00:09:56 +0100, morphium wrote in message
<AANLkTi=9fm+gpZ=GYf+5rxMAfYsCaSFS=GvG5t+s+kBD@mail.gmail.com>:

> > ..make him ftp3.de.d.o, 1+2=3.  ;o)
>
> I don't think thats neccesary.
>
> > Apt gets really unhappy when the two mirrors aren't updated exactly
> > in sync and something happens that makes the client go v4 in one
> > connection and v6 in another.
>
> Why would that happen? Isn't v6 preferred over v4?
>
> > i heavyly disagress on heaving v4 and v6 ip pointing to completly
> > diffrent sites.
>
> Okay, if 2 people think it's bad (and noone except me would think that
> could be a good thing), this probably really isn't that good at all.
>
> And for the moment everyone should still be able to use IPv4 (and the
> three people in the world who aren't anymore have to change their
> debian mirror).
>
> Best regards,
> morphium

..in case you lost me; I suggested you both become ftp3 und
bekommen die name ftp3.de.d.o ;o), both for IPv4 and IPv6.

..me, I welcome any new reliable mirror, this far I've found
ftp2.de and ftp.de more reliable than any of the mirrors in
Scandinavia.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: